Benefits of being a CMJ member
As the largest jewellery and watch buying group in the UK and Ireland, the benefits of being a member are both financial and practical. When you join the CMJ, we believe that your business will benefit.
10 Reasons to Join the CMJ
We believe your business will be stronger as a member of the CMJ. You will receive all of the advantages of membership without sacrificing any independence. We are individually strong – together we thrive.
- Our suppliers offer exclusive terms and the best discounts in the industry and have access to our nationwide portfolio of retailers
- Full retailer members share in our profitability and are eligible for a retrospective rebate
- No more invoicing hassle – we provide retailers with one monthly consolidated statement
- We research service providers to find you solutions to meet all your needs, including HR, IT, training, website solutions and energy providers
- Regular business networking opportunities for all members
- CMJ exclusive insight, news and offers to keep you one step ahead of your competitors
- Constant communication with your peers whenever you need it, including an exclusive WhatsApp group
- Free marketing materials for retailers to promote key seasonal buying times in store and online
- The credibility of being part of the Company of Master Jewellers
- Help with any business need – the CMJ is always just a phone call away
I’ve read about the benefits and I want to join. What next?
That’s great! Please get in touch with us with your initial application.
If you have any further questions, either visit our FAQs page or contact us. You can also download a brochure about the benefits of joining the CMJ buying group.
We look forward to hearing from you.
What our members say about being part of the CMJ
“The networking opportunities and supplier discounts go without saying, but the ease of accounting with just one monthly statement is also easy to reconcile. It’s really made a huge difference to us and our business. The CMJ represents extremely good value for money and it’s an absolute must for anyone wishing to grow their business.”
“Being a CMJ member means having access to excellent supplier choice, brilliant networking events and hands-on support whenever we need it.”
“Since joining the CMJ, the support offered to us by their team and approved suppliers, as well as our fellow retail members, has been invaluable. The networking events have been one of the most important aspects – being able to learn from the experience and insights of our peers has been an enormous help.”
“As an independent jeweller, I could spend hours praising the support and financial benefits delivered by the CMJ. Suffice to say, the group has played an important role in the development of my business. From access to new suppliers to networking with my peers, they have offered great advice and both supported and encouraged my continued independence.”
“I can say in all honesty that the CMJ has been instrumental in our smooth transition from a first generation to a second generation independent jewellers. The networking and support of my peers and the professionalism of the CMJ has given us the confidence to view the future with optimism. I strongly recommend joining the CMJ.”
“For many years we have been members of the CMJ because of the buying power of the group but today it’s more about the collaboration and networking.”
“The retail jewellery industry is changing so quickly, it’s vital to get a wider perspective through the CMJ retailer network.”
“I have been stopped in my local high street and congratulated on my ability to offer such high-quality retail brochures and catalogues to customers as an independent local retailer. The marketing support we receive from the CMJ really is excellent, and that is just one of the many, many benefits that the group offers.”
“I am proud to say I am a member of the CMJ. At Niche we strive to inspire our loyal customers and value the opportunities within the CMJ to meet new and innovative suppliers.”